Monday 13 January 2014

Lazy day but crazy day!

I didn't have much to write about yesterday, and still today there's not much to report.
Hayden is still taking her medication like a champ. We were informed that they don't taste the greatest, so pretty awesome to suck it back like she does!
Today was the first day I really noticed this taking a toll on our sweet girl. She was so out of it, very whiny, mood swings, and extreme irritablility. We tried giving her a bath, and she screamed the entire time, which is completely out of character for her, especially since bath time (any other time) is her most favourite time of day!! I hate seeing her this way, and I constantly have to remind myself that it's not her doing this.. its the meds kicking in doing their job. It's going to be a long few weeks until she's off her steroid, but once they are done, we will have our happy Hayden back and all will be somewhat right in the world again.
I went to get my flu shot tonight because we were informed that it's almost crucial that anyone around her have it. Jon's not too excited to get his done tomorrow.. he has a fear, like many do, of getting poked by a needle!!
Good news - we were told today that Hayden could go home as early as Wednesday!! She has to have a lumbar puncture done on wednesday, and if she doesn't have a fever between now and then she more then likely will get to go home.  I've been told that my mother in law went to town being the cleaning fairy at our house.. what an amazing woman! I'm even considering having a cleaning staff come in once every couple of weeks to wipe down the house. That might be the crazy, over protective, neurotic mother in me, but i'm not chancing ANYTHING when it comes to Hayden's health.  Between my mom, my sister, Jon's mom, and his sister, aunts and uncles, and cousins..we  have had the best company while staying at the hospital. Everyone is being so positive for this little girl. Thank you to everyone that has taken time out of their day to let us know they are continuing to pray for Miss H, and for the kindness and generosity that continues to shower us daily.
This one is a short one, but i'm gonna end it with a picture of our beautiful girl.  Enjoy :-)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Her pose is the best! I'm sorry that the side effects aren't pleasant! But the happy Hayden I know will bounce back into being her joyful self before you know it!
    Thanks for sharing Lindsay! Please let us know if we can help with anything when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, love the one foot up on the rail. Way to kick back H! <3 you pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete