Monday 27 January 2014

So greatful for the good people in the world!

So tomorrow we will have been back in the hospital for a week. Hayden and I have been in our room for almost 7 days straight with very minimal fights, but lots of laughs! I'm starting to realize this is our temporary reality for the next little while, and that this won't be the last time being admitted in.
Unfortunately due to weather we've had minimal visitors - but my aunt Brenda and cousin Ryan stopped in last week to say hi after his visit with a surgeon. Ryan races horses (rather well might I add), and had a pretty unfortunate accident during a race that broke 2 bones in his write and one in his elbow. I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't have to have surgery, so he can heal up quicker and get back on the horse.. haha.. well, back on the cart :-)
Hayden has had some pretty horrible sleeps lately. It breaks my heart hearing her cry during her vitals at any time of day, but it's so much worse at night when they have to wake her up to do it! Why does it have to hurt so darn much?? It hurts a normal adult having it done, imagine what it feels like for a 22 month old who has to have it done 5 times a day! She's so puffy because of her drugs and IV that once they are done there's always an indent on her leg or arm :-( I think we have realized that if we bribe her with the right food (goldfish crackers), put on netflix (bubble guppies), and just don't touch her.. she might relax a bit.
So we were told when we came in here that we could be here for a week or two.. of course depending on her blood levels. Everything so far is on the rise! They wanted her neutrophils to be .5 before we can go home, and today they were at .6! So i'm doing some serious finger crossing that tomorrow one of the doctors will come in and say "Take your sweet girl home!".
This coming friday the Mount Forest Patriots start their first play off game, and they are having a benefit night for Hayden too! My heart was so big when I heard they were doing this for her!! I'm so hoping that I can attend too!! My heart has never left Mount Forest, even after all these years. It's so cliche to say, but there's really no place like home. I also know Jon would say the exact same thing about Wallaceburg. You never forget where your roots are, and we are truly lucky enough to be from 2 amazing towns, and got to ended up in one amazing city!
Yesterday Hayden was relaxing in her crib, and I was doing a crossword in people magazine.. when a knock came to the door! I had a heads up that a friend of a friend might be stopping by to say hello, and to wish Hayden well. I opened the door, and in this gentleman's hand was a big gift basket full of Mickey Mouse dolls and Bubble Guppies toys, and as soon as Hayden saw her present she grinned from ear to ear, and let out a giggle that I haven't heard in over a month! To our new friend Andrew.. You have no idea what your kind gesture meant to Hayden. Hearing and seeing how excited she was made both of our day. You are one of the kindest people we have ever had the priviledge to know, and I'm so happy to have had the chance to meet you. Thank you for putting a smile on our beautiful girls face.. and for reminding us that even complete strangers have big hearts too.
So i'm going to end it here.. I said I was going to post a picture of our sweet girl from 3 weeks ago and of her today.. it's amazing how fast the drugs work! We were told the steroid would cause hunger and rage.. and of course lots of puffiness.. and through it all.. she's still pretty perfect to me :-) Oh, and I cut a curl off of her tonight. I don't know what her hair will look like when it starts to grow back in, and after seeing how quickly her hair is coming out.. I needed a keepsake. It's in a sealed envelope, and will be in her baby book as soon as we get home!!
Sweet dream to all.. and please cross your fingers for us that tomorrow night we sleep in our own beds!! Good night! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers for you guys. Hope you get to sleep in your own beds very soon and have a decent break from all the bp checks. And OMG she is so cute!! Looks even older with the little weight gain. Sending lots of love, hugs and kisses from us all! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. More hugs Linds, would be SO great to give you a hug in person IF you are able to make it Saturday night. Lots of love!!! Fingers crossed you guys can go home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete